Monmouth University is a private university located at 400 Cedar Avenue in West Long Branch. The campus is utilized by residential and commuter students. It has 33 degree programs and eight schools including the Leon Hess Business School and School of Science. It began as Monmouth Junior College and eventually became Monmouth College and Monmouth University. It features competitive sports teams that compete in the Northeast Conference (NEC).
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1933
- Number of students: 6,000
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Parking: Free lot, Paid lot
- Number of faculty: 251 Full-Time, 351 Part-Time
- Degrees: Graduate, Undergraduate
- Programs: Distance learning, Evening, Part-time, Study abroad, Summer studies
- Campus housing: Yes
- Sports conference: Northeast Conference (NEC)
- Sports teams: Baseball, Basketball (Men's and Women's) Cross Country (Men and Women's) Field Hockey, Football, Golf (Men's and Women's) Lacrosse (Women's) Soccer (Men's and Women's) Softball, Tennis (Men's and Women's) Track & Field (Men's and Women's)
- Sports facilities: Multipurpose Activity Center, Kessler Field, The Great Lawn, So Sweet A Cat Field, MU Baseball Field, MU Softball Park, Boylan Gymnasium, Outdoor Tennis Complex.