.

Summer Shuttle Service Up and Running in Long Branch

Second year for Shore EZ Ride jitney in city

The Long Branch EZ Ride summer shuttle service began Friday morning in Pier Village.

This is the second year Long Branch will participate in the program after enjoying high ridership during the 2012 summer season.

The shuttle will cost $1 per ride and will run every Friday to Sunday starting this weekend through Labor Day weekend from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.

The shuttle's route will take riders from the Long Branch Train Station on Third Avenue to several areas around the city including West End, the North Bath Avenue Beach area, Beachfront North and Pier Village.

The service is made possible by a grant from the Federal Transit Authority (FTA), which is supplying 75 percent of the funds and the participating towns are paying the remaining 25 percent.

Long Branch Councilman John Pallone said he was happy the shuttle service is returning to the city for the summer.

"It's a great example of a public/private partnership," Pallone said.

The city is also planning on running a year-round shuttle service, which is expected to start soon. For more information on the year-round shuttle service, click here.

Big Whitey May 25, 2013 at 03:27 PM
Wonder why no stop in North LongBranch?

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »