The Long Branch Board of Education (BOE) welcomed 25 new employees to the district on Wednesday night.
The employees were sworn in by Long Branch School District Business Administrator Peter Genovese at last night's meeting.
They all replace employees who have either been re-assigned, retired or resigned since the 2011-2012 school year.
Long Branch School District Superintendent said most of the new teachers "have spent some time in the district;" mostly as substitute teachers.
The following individuals were sworn in to their new positions on Wednesday:
• John Achilli: High School Biology Teacher
• Ursula Ayers: Middle School Grade 6 Teacher
• Stacie Broderick: High School Biology Teacher
• Matthew Bufano: Middle School Math Teacher
• Tracey Cummings: West End School Grade 1 Teacher
• Rene Diodato: Lenna W. Conrow Teacher of the Handicapped
• Gabriela Duchs: High School Health/PE
• Marlana Ferraro: Morris Avenue Grade 2 Teacher
• Kevin Gilbert: Gregory School Grade 5 Teacher
• Maria Herod: Gregory School Special Education
• Brittany King: Morris Avenue School Grade 2 Teacher
• Maureen Kmet: Alternative School Teacher of the Handicapped
• Ashley Kovach: High School English Teacher
• Matthew Martone: High School Math Teacher
• Katherine McDonald: Middle School Grade 6 Teacher
• Allison Russo: Gregory School Grade 2 Teacher
• Brev Creech: Middle School Instructional Assistant
• Sehija Emini: Lenna Conrow School Instructional Assistant
• Elvia Giron: Gregory School Instructional Assistant
• Gina Gradone: Morris Avenue School Instructional Assistant
• Jody Hegarty: West End School Instructional Assistant
• Donald Lynch: West End School Instructional Assistant
• Benjamin Woolley: Amerigo A. Anastasia School Instructional Assistant
• Colin Janus: Part-Time Bus Driver
• John Jasio: Corridor Aide