A new FEMA disaster recovery center will be opening in Long Branch on Monday afternoon.
The center will be located at Long Branch Fire Station 4 at 109-205 Union Ave. and will open at 2 p.m.
In addition to the Long Branch location, the following Disaster Recovery Centers are open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- Belmar Municipal Building, 601 Main St., Belmar;
- Henry Hudson Trail Activity Center, 945 Route 36, Leonardo;
- Union Beach Municipal Building, 650 Poole Ave., Union Beach.
A Disaster Recovery Center is a readily accessible facility or mobile office where applicants may go for information about FEMA or other disaster assistance programs, or for questions, according to www.fema.gov.
Some of the services may include:
- Guidance regarding disaster recovery
- Clarification of any written correspondence received
- Housing Assistance and Rental Resource information
- Answers to questions, resolution to problems and referrals to agencies that may provide further assistance
- Status of applications being processed by FEMA
- SBA program information if there is a SBA Representative at the Disaster Recovery Center site
FEMA has also released the following information about the individual assistance it has issued since Hurricane Sandy hit New Jersey.
- Total NJ Registrations: 221,000
- Total Monmouth County Registrations: 28,000
- Total IA money disbursed in NJ: $190 million
- Total FEMA Housing Inspectors In NJ: 895
- Total NJ Housing Inspections Issued: 93,000