Follow these four easy steps to create the same cake or use your favorite flavors instead. In no time you'll create a dessert with real wow factor that leaves no doubt in your loved one's mind how sweet life can be with you around.
Learn how to create this simple layered cake for Valentine's Day:
- Step 1: Mix up your red velvet cake batter.
- Step 2: Pour your red velvet cake batter into a rectangular sheet cake pan and bake. A sheet cake pan gives you enough surface area for the next step: cutting the cake into tiers.
- Step 3: Cut your sheet cake using three different-sized cookie cutters of the same shape. The cakes will need to be different sizes so they can be easily stacked.
- Step 4: Place the largest cake on your serving plate and top with whipped frosting. Layer the second tier and frost, then the third and frost.
- Last Step: Top cake with a decoration and serve!
More from Kitchen Daily:
Dessert You're Craving Now: Bread Pudding
Slumber Party Grub: Toaster Pastries
This article is part of Mix It Up, an editorial series created in collaboration with AOL's Kitchen Daily and Huffington Post. It is dedicated to making the lives of mothers easier through articles, videos and slideshows focused on simple and creative solutions to everyday challenges. From healthy recipes to exciting ideas for a more balanced lifestyle, this section aims to become a resource for moms everywhere.