Thousands are anticipated to turn out for the Jersey Shore Jazz and Blues Foundation’s (JSJBF) Jazz and Blues Summer Series Festivals. Each date in the series will feature crowd-pleasing jazz and blues musicians, food, crafters and activities for the entire family. Beer and wine gardens will be featured at Asbury Park and Point Pleasant Borough and fireworks at Long Branch. The festivals are free to the public, dog friendly and all ages are welcome to attend. Each year, sponsor donations from the events raise essential funds for the nonprofit Jersey Shore Jazz and Blues Foundation’s operational expenses. Sponsors include Comcast, Investors Bank, Hunterdon Brewing Company, Lagunitas Brewing Company and Alex and Ani.
"After much devastation from Sandy, music lovers from across the Jersey Shore are in the mood to celebrate an exciting season of top-notch entertainment seaside. The Jersey Shore Jazz and Blues Foundation has been honored to present jazz and blues fans, young and old, with our award-winning Jazz and Blues Festivals for 25 years. The events are widely-anticipated by thousands of residents and shore visitors," said Dennis Eschbach, Event Director, Jersey Shore Jazz and Blues Festivals. "Thanks to the dedication of our 2013 sponsors, musicians and host towns, we anticipate this year's festivals to be bigger and better than ever!”
Jersey Shore Jazz and Blues Summer Series of Music Festivals • 3 Days of Jazz & Blues
Asbury Park Blues and Brews Festival, Bradley Park, Across from the Convention Hall and the Boardwalk, Asbury Park, NJ Saturday, June 8, Noon – 8:00 p.m.
Headliner: Mikey Jr. & Stone Cold Blues with Special Guest Steve Guyger
Asbury Park Lineup
- 12:00-1:00p.m. Carlos Colina & Straight Up
- 1:15- 2:15 p.m. Slim Chance & The Gamblers
- 2:30- 3:30 p.m. Chuck Lambert Band
- 3:45- 4:45 p.m. Sandy Mack & Friends
- 5:00 -6:15 p.m. Jon Herrington Band (Steely Dan Guitarist)
- 6:30- 8:00 p.m. Mikey Jr. & Stone Cold Blues featuring Steve Guyger
Point Pleasant Jazz and Blues Festival, Riverfront Park, Corner of Maxson Avenue and River Road, Point Pleasant Borough, NJ Saturday, July 20, Noon – 8:00 p.m.
Headliner: The Soul Project featuring Eryn Shewell
Point Pleasant Lineup
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. Barbecue Bob & The Spareribs
- 1:15- 2:15 p.m. Randy Napoleon Band
- 2:30- 3:30 p.m. Juke Joint Jonny
- 3:45- 4:45 p.m. Sandy Sasso Quartet
- 5:00 -6:15 p.m. The Incinerators
- 6:30- 8:00 p.m. The Soul Project featuring Eryn Shewell
Long Branch Jazz and Blues Festival, Great Lawn at the Boardwalk, 28 McKinley Avenue, Long Branch, NJSaturday, August 24, Noon-10:00 p.m. followed by fireworks
Headliner: The Rob Paparozzi AllStars
Long Branch Lineup
- 1:00- 1:25 p.m. Gary Wright
- 1:30- 2:30 p.m. The Blind Tellers
- 2:45- 3:45 p.m. Dorian Parreott Jazz Ensemble
- 4:00-5:00 p.m. Bob Del Rosso Band
- 5:15- 6:15 p.m. The Long Gone Daddies
- 6:30-7:30 p.m. Al Chez & The Brothers of Funk
- 7:45- 9:15 p.m. The Rob Paparozzi AllStars
Founded in 1987, the nonprofit Jersey Shore Jazz and Blues Foundation remains dedicated to its efforts to preserve, promote and perpetuate jazz and blues on the Jersey Shore through performance and education. Connect with the JSJBF on Facebook at Jersey Shore Jazz and Blues Festival and Twitter @JSJazzBluesFest.
For information on becoming a festival sponsor or food vendor, contact Doris Lazur at 732-933-1984 or email@example.com. If you would like information on becoming a craft or merchandise vendor at any or all of these events, email Amy Caro-Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.