The sunny day to start Wednesday will give way to wet weather according to the National Weather Service and that could include another hit of snow tonight.
According to the latest forecast the sun will last until around 2 p.m. before giving way rain with a high temperature during the day of 44 degrees. Heading into tonight there is a chance of a mix of rain and snow before 3 a.m. before changing completely to snow in the early morning hours.
With a low of 31 degrees expected and winds blowing close to 18 MPH our area could see anywhere between one and three inches of snow before the storm is done.
The snow is not expected to last long and the prediction for Thursday is a mostly sunny day with a high near 44 degrees. The next chance for snow looks to be late Friday night or early Saturday morning but not much precipitation is expected with that weather event.
This is the forecast for the Long Branch-Eatontown area from the National Weather Service:
- Today: A chance of rain, mainly after 5pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 44. North wind 5 to 9 mph becoming east in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight: Rain and snow before 3am, then a chance of snow. Low around 32. East wind 14 to 18 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 36. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 49. Southwest wind 11 to 13 mph.
- Friday Night: A slight chance of rain showers before 4am, then a slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 20%.