Thousands of your neighbors turn to Patch every day for local news, information and conversation. Why not share your voice and connect with them?On Patch, all blog posts are featured prominently on the homepage and are shared via our daily newsletter and social platforms like Facebook and Twitter. Plus, you can edit your posts whenever you’d like and it’s easy to get started.
Interested? First, you need to sign in and create an account. Or, if you're already a Patch user, update your profile.
1. Go to your Patch town’s homepage.
2. Click on "Join" on the upper right side of the page.
3. Follow the simple instructions on confirming your account
4. Log in and click on your name in the upper right
5. Click on Edit Profile on the right and add a photo and a brief bio
Now you are ready to start a blog!
Once you’re logged in, go to the homepage.
1. On the homepage, scroll down to the “Who’s Blogging?” module at the bottom of the homepage.
2. Click on the “Start blogging” green button at the bottom right of the “Who’s Blogging?” module.
3. Complete setup by inputting the name of your blog, description and choosing or uploading a blog icon image
4. Click on “Create your blog”
5. Now you can either “Write your first post,” “Dress up your blog” or tell people about it
6. For your first blog all you need is a category, a brief description, a photo and then your text in the body of the article.
7. Click ‘Post Now,’ or if you are not ready to post, save it as a draft and come back to it later.
Looking forward to your contributions!