Nothing says "Newbie" more than a LinkedIn Profile without a customized LinkedIn URL. You can change it by following these easy steps.
1. Click on your name at the top right-hand side of your LinkedIn banner. A drop down menu will appear showing several options including Settings. Click this (Settings).
2. You may be asked to enter your LinkedIn password.
3. Click "Edit Your Public Profile" in the "Helpful Links” section.
4. Your LinkedIn profile will display and to the right of it you will see a series of suggestions to customize it. Down towards the bottom of these suggestions it will say, "Your Public Profile URL" and show you what your URL looks like to the public.
5. It will say, "Customize your public profile URL. View your public profile." Click this and customize your profile with your name according to the stated directions.
That's all there is to getting a polished LinkedIn URL. The next time you "Google" yourself, you will see your professional, customized LinkedIn profile.