The Channel Club Marina: Ready for 2013 Boating Season!
The Channel Club Marina has long been an iconic fixture in Monmouth County as well was one of the most popular marinas on the Jersey Shore for over 60 years.
Originally developed by Henry Mihm in the 1940’s and further developed by his son, Walter Mihm, in the late 1960’s and early 1970’s, the current owners purchased the marina in 2001 and continued to operate the successful marina ever since. The Channel Club Marina offers a remium restaurant, banquet facility, heated pool, marine repairs and services, yacht sales and more.
The Channel Club Marina was devastated, like many marinas, by Hurricane Sandy this past October. All of the docks were destroyed, most of the boats were either swept away, sunken or severely damaged. The restaurant was filled with 5 feet of water inside and the banquet facility was crippled as well. The owners of the marina assessed the damage and made the decision to not only re-build, but
to re-build immediately and up-grade the entire marina better than ever.
They are turning a disaster into an opportunity to bring to fruition their dream of creating the Jersey Shore’s premier resort marina.
The Channel Club Marina already offers many amenities, the up-grades for 2013 include:
- All new Sullivan Floating Dock System with Ipe Decking, All New Electrical Systems for Each Slip, State-of-the-Art Power Pedestals, multiple Life-Saving Stations on Each Dock, and Extra Wide Fingers on One Side of Each Slip (Slip sizes range from 30-100 feet)
- A proposed renovation of the banquet facility which is being designed by Anderson & Campanella
Architects of Rumson NJ, staying within the footprint of the current building but changing the entire look of the building to be reminiscent of the old “Shore
Style Hotels” from the late 1800’s. Interiors designed by Larson & Gatsch Interiors.
- The restaurant will also be renovated in the same style as the banquet hall with an up-dated interior design and increased outdoor deck space for a delightful dockside dining experience and Dock and Dine services will be added for boaters from neighboring marinas and residences.
- Expanded boardwalks and improved public space for the boaters and visitors.
- Heated Pool with poolside dining and cocktail service.
- Up-graded services for the boaters including dock attendants, wash and fold laundry services, shuttles to the beach and into town, on-board dining delivery service, as well as full service provisioning.
The owners plan to have the entire marina ready and in full operation in time for the boating season 2013. Although everyone is still waiting for insurance money, in order to ensure the marina, restaurant and banquet facility are ready for the 2013 season, the owners of the marina have used their personal funds to aid their tenants in the clean-up and restoration process.
They turned a potentially daunting task into a labor of love and with only 92 days till
Memorial Day Weekend, everything is on schedule and it’s going to be great!